Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Ahhh, Yes

I forgot how I love racing. Finished my first race of the season last evening sooner than a majority of others who started with me, but finished with a big smile on my face.

I havent raced since cross nationals, another race in which I finished well before others, and I was an emotional wreck prior to the start. But man-it felt great in the thick of it.

I arrived to the state fairground course just as the fast crew were staging for what looked like an intense, painful 55 minutes. These guys were racing for the ability to start in the NVGP. The field was split in half right away. A great race to watch.

After the 5's raced, I lined up. I've always been worried about high-speed corners and the fair grounds had plenty to offer, including the decisive 180 which I clipped a pedal during warm-up.

Anyways, the corners were great at speed. The 180 hurt so good. And I hung in there for 30 minutes. Next week, I'll stay in for the additional 10. I know I can. The week after I'll start contesting the finishes. And the final week after that, I'll be upgraded to race in the 1/2's. Its all about building.

The fast-crew was a whos-who of Minnesota racing. Here are some pic's.

No comments: