Friday, May 29, 2009

Lets Talk Lattes



So I quit caffine long ago in order to curb migraines. It did the job. But lately, especially because of this spring, I've let caffine slip back in.

I've been drinking Mochas. Kinda a girly-drink. And I've had them from all over. Coffee shops are interesting spaces; some have that nasty corporate feel (Dunn brothers, Caribou, etc...). Some shops have a strong female-vibe (Blue Moon on Lake Street). But hands-down, the best coffee I've had is from Koplan's http://www.kopplinscoffee.com/beverages.php.

My question is; where do I go from the mocha? Whats the more mature beverage? The next step? Time is of the essance- I'll start getting migraines soon again and will have to quit. But for now, whats the better drink?

4 comments:

(dis)pencer said...

i'm guessing like most people, you are digging the mocha cuz its sweeter (due to chocolate!)

my suggestion; try a latte, and put some honey in that mother to sweeten it up a bit. (if it's hot). if it's iced use sugar water. a good cafe will have some.

also, anywhere that will offer some real maple syrup for your iced coffee is a place you should frequent. mmmmmmm...

EmilyBlanche said...

i do a straight up latte, as well, only mine is with a packet of the sugar.

whole milk when i'm feeling scandalous. completely scrumptious.

Jared Roy said...

Americano and get them at UrbanBean

dew said...

Get a press pot a decent burr grinder and beans from alterra and be done with it.