Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mail Time

This one comes from a gentleman named Max. Looks like he's from Wisconsin.

He writes;
"Dear Peter, Your opinions on music seem dead-on. I appreciate your frank approach. I've been listening to alot of Gang of Four, Joy Division and Toothpaste. Thoughts?"

Max,
Toothpaste? Really? A band named toothpaste?
I appreciate Gang of Four, but dont love them.

But Joy Division...Now, thats worth talking about. I like Joy Division a lot. So does my real music smarties-pants-pal, Jay Miller. Jay responded with this: 1. Watch the dramatization 'Closer' and the documentary 'Joy Division'. 2. Choose carefully, some of the songs are shite. 3. Start with 'Love Will Tear us Apart', then try 'Digital' and 'Transmission' And lastly, their producer Martin Hannett is the true genius."

Here are my thoughts: Nothing sounds as great as the bass in both Joy Division + New Order. But, I hate that the lead singer (Benard Sumner) of New Order cannot dance. I mean, come 'on, its New Order.





2 comments:

Ames said...

I love Jay Miller. Like, almost as much as Peter.

Peter Anderson said...

Its not that Jay miller. Its a better, different Jay miller